Friday, March 7, 2014

Post #2: Ipad Tips and Tricks: Ipad

The ipad was the device that was available for me to use for 23 Library Things, and I'm pretty happy about that because the platform, as with most other Apple products, is relatively simple.  I hadn't really used an i-pad before this because I prefer standard computers and laptops.  I was eager to see how it worked and if it would be useful, or just another expensive toy.  I watched the ipad iOS 7 overview, which definitely helped me understand the device.  I don't really care for the touch screen set-up on the ipad, and even after watching the tutorial, I found it irritating to use. I find it particularly difficult to use the screen for everything - keyboard, opening windows, etc.  With practice, however, I think I could get used to it.  The ipad is definitely a cheaper alternative to a laptop or other standard computer if library patrons or students need to access internet resources or educational apps.  The exclusivity of some apps to certain devices makes the ipad useful for a library or school, because it appears to have many educational apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment