Sunday, April 13, 2014

Post #8: Social Media Management Tools - Friendcaster

This was the hardest blog for me so far.  The task of linking social management tools together is not a concept I am interested in.  I have a few accounts, like Facebook and LinkedIn, but I don't particularly want to link them together using one app because, to me, they are completely separate - one is for my personal life and one is for my work (career) life.  I decided to try Friendcaster, so I could focus on Facebook without having to link it to anything else.  I downloaded the app and I actually didn't find it very useful or engaging.  It's good for people who like to check Facebook on their mobile devices, but it doesn't do very much that a person couldn't do on a personal computer or laptop.  It displays friends' posts in cascading order and has a sidebar where the user can click on all of the different "pages" from their Facebook account, but it adds nothing new or interesting.  Also, the app runs annoying ads on the bottom of the page which attempt to get the user to click on surveys, paid games and other advertisements.  The only useful application for a library that I can think of is this app could be installed on a librarian's mobile device and used for showing patrons the library's Facebook page, as well as the links to library services.  Otherwise, its only good for those who use their mobile devices to interact with their Facebook accounts.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post because even though you didn't find Friendcaster very useful for you, you obviously gave it a try and really thought about it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete