Friday, May 2, 2014

Post #9: Taking and Editing Photos: Photo Editor By Aviary

Photo Editor is an interesting program to "dress up" photos using a variety of visual adjustments and enhancements.  I used a photo from my garden that my wife took a few years ago.  Since I like plants and gardening, I thought it would be nice to see how the app would work on a photo of some flowers - Asiatic lilies to be precise.  I first gave the photo a frame using "splatter," which gives a ragged appearance on the edges.  It really did enhance the photo - drawing the viewers attention to the center where the lilies are located.  There are also features for adjusting the sharpness, amount of light and an enhance feature, which adjusted the look of the photo, depending on the topic.  There was a special choice for "scenery," which fit my photo almost perfectly.  Overall this app is really useful for people who like to play around with photographs or just for those who need to fix up their photos a little bit.  The app is easy-to-use and has a variety of features - more than I mentioned above.  This app would be prefect for a beginners photography class (in the school or library) or to "jazz up" pictures and photos that are displayed in the library.  The fact that anyone can use it easily adds to its value - elementary school children would have no problem with this app - and it might foster an interest in photography.  The app could also be used to add variety to photos in scrapbooks, which often are themed and utilize different frames and picture styles.  A scrapbook class at the public library could find a lot of uses for this app.  All -in-all, this is one of the best apps I've looked at so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment