Sunday, May 11, 2014

Post #20: Games - Temple Run

Since I was a history major in college and teach social studies, I elected to try out the Temple Run game.  Okay, the real reason I chose this app is because I love Indiana Jones and I played the Tutankham game on my Atari 2600 for hours when I was a kid.  Temple Run just sounded cool.  I played it for a while and it is a fairly fun game.  The "adventurer" character in the game needs to escape by running, jumping, sliding and collecting tokens.  It's fast-paced and has good graphics, so I think a lot of kids and young adults would enjoy playing it.  Games like this could be made available to students, either in the public or school libraries for free time.  I say that because, while it is only another video game (and I know many kids play way too many video games), it may foster student interest in archeology or other cultures.  I know my interest in history was partially fostered by movies, games and comic books and I think the same holds true for kids today.  Limited time playing a game like this may spark an interest in actual learning, so I think it could have a positive impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment